Tips For Creating and Maintaining Strong Passwords
Creating a strong password is necessary for securing your online accounts and protecting your data from common attack methods. Here are a few guidelines you can follow to increase your password’s strength:
- Each password should be a minimum of 8 characters long. The longer, the better.
- Use a mixture of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and numbers. For increased security, you can also utilize commonly accepted symbols.
- Your password should be unique and unrelated to any personal information.
- Generate different passwords for different accounts and devices. Try not to use the same one twice.
- Set reminders to change your passwords regularly, especially for important accounts and information.
- Store your passwords in a secure location. Create storage backups as well.
- Regularly log off when you are no longer using devices or visiting websites.
- Don't tell anyone your password.